The vision of SASAA is to:
- Pro-actively promote the Sport of Shore Angling to create equal opportunities in excellence and
- Development as envisaged in the objectives of the SA Sports Commission for Sport Codes.
SASAA’s mission is to:
- Act as autonomous governing body for its affiliated members within the boundaries of the Republic of South Africa, participating in the amateur sport of Shore Angling at national and international level.
- Manage the Shore Angling Sport in a professional manner.
- Establish, maintain and enforce rules and regulations, as well as conditions governing the sport of Shore Angling.
- Compile and regularly update an accurate list of record catches made in accordance with the angling rules and regulations of the Association, and to issue record certificates and/or other forms of recognition for such record catches.
- Annually select the most competent anglers by means of set selection criteria to represent South Africa in International Shore Angling contests.
- Promote and encourage the conservation of the Coastal and Marine environment so as to assure the continuation of the Shore Angling Sport, and to affiliate to the Federation of Sea Angling (SAFSA) to accomplish these conservation aims.
- Affiliate with, or to support any National or International body having objectives in any way similar to the Association’s.
- Collect, raise, or in any other legal manner acquire funds or property, both movable and immovable, and to administer, manage, invest or control such funds or property for the aims of the Association’s objectives.
- Design, adopt, register and issue any representative insignia, badges or uniforms for the Association’s teams as may be determined from time to time.
- Engage in all related activities that may be incidental or conducive to the attainment of any of the aforementioned objectives.
|Back||Back to top|